CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-601)
USD 1,500 excl. VAT
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic Windows and Linux administrator skills and the ability to implement fundamental networking appliances and IP addressing concepts.
CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge, and six to nine months' experience in networking, including configuring security parameters, are strongly recommended.
What you’ll learn in this course
CompTIA is a not-for-profit trade association with the purpose of advancing the interests of IT professionals and IT channel organizations and its industry-leading IT certifications are an important part of that mission. CompTIA's Security+ certification is a foundation-level certificate designed for IT administrators with two years' experience whose job role is focused on system security.
The CompTIA Security+ exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to assist with cybersecurity duties in small and large organizations. These duties include assessments and monitoring; secure network, host, app, and cloud provisioning; data governance; and incident analysis and response.
CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on troubleshooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problemsolving skills. Cybersecurity professionals with Security+ know how to address security incidents—not just identify them.
Security+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and the government rely on ANSI accreditation because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program.
This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-601) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today's job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your cybersecurity skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any entry-level security role.
On course completion, you will be able to:
• Compare security roles and security controls
• Explain threat actors and threat intelligence
• Perform security assessments and identify social engineering attacks and malware types
• Summarize basic cryptographic concepts and implement public key infrastructure
• Implement authentication controls
• Implement identity and account management controls
• Implement secure network designs, network security appliances, and secure network protocols
• Implement host, embedded/Internet of Things, and mobile security solutions
• Implement secure cloud solutions
• Explain data privacy and protection concepts
• Perform incident response and digital forensics
• Summarize risk management concepts and implement cybersecurity resilience
• Explain physical security
• Comparing Security Roles and Security Controls
• Explaining Threat Actors and Threat Intelligence
• Performing Security Assessments
• Identifying Social Engineering and Malware
• Summarizing Basic Cryptographic Concepts
• Implementing Public Key Infrastructure
• Implementing Authentication Controls
• Implementing Identity and Account Management Controls
• Implementing Secure Network Designs
• Implementing Network Security Appliances
• Implementing Secure Network Protocols
• Implementing Host Security Solutions
• Implementing Secure Mobile Solutions
• Summarizing Secure Application Concepts
• Implementing Secure Cloud Solutions
• Explaining Data Privacy and Protection Concepts
• Performing Incident Response
• Explaining Digital Forensics
• Summarizing Risk Management Concepts
• Implementing Cybersecurity Resilience
• Explaining Physical Security
If you would like to know more about this course please contact us