USD 2,700.00 excl. VAT
Who Should Attend
Anyone who is responsible for the day-to-day management
of a single channel FortiWLC-based wireless network
In this three-day class, you will learn how to design, implement, and maintain a basic, single channel FortiWLC-based wireless network.
The practical labs will give you hands on experience in configuration, management, and monitoring of the wireless network.
A good understanding of wired and wireless technology and concepts is required to benefit from this course, such as:
• TCP/IP network experience.
• Knowledge of OSI layers.
• Experience with multichannel-wireless networks.
After completing these courses, you will be able to:
• Plan a simple, single channel wireless network for a low-to-medium density client environment.
• Deploy a single controller to an access point and integrate with the underlying wired network.
• Publish encrypted and guest wireless networks for use by your users.
• Monitor and assess your wireless networks health and capacity.
• Perform basic troubleshooting of client connectivity.
• Perform day-to-day management of your wireless network.
1. Introduction to the FortiWLC and single channel networking concepts.
2. Radio frequency planning.
3. Plan and design a basic single channel.
4. Installing and configuring the FortiWLC.
5. Integrating FortiWLC with the wired network.
6. Selecting FortiAPs and planning their locations.
7. Installing and configuring FortiAPs.
8. Building and broadcasting the wireless network.
9. Monitoring the wireless network.
10. Gathering information for troubleshooting connectivity and performance issues.
11. Resolving connectivity and performance problems.
12. Managing and maintaining the wireless network.