CompTIA® A+® Core 1 and Core 2 (Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002)
USD 1,500 excl. VAT
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with basic computer user skills, be able to complete tasks in a Microsoft® Windows® environment, be able to search for, browse, and access information on the Internet, and have basic knowledge of computing concepts. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the following official CompTIA courses:
• The Official CompTIA® IT Fundamentals+ (Exam FC0-U61)
Note: The prerequisites for this course might differ significantly from the prerequisites for the CompTIA certification exams. For the most up-to-date information about the exam prerequisites, complete the form on this page: https://certification.comptia.org/training/exam-objectives
What you’ll learn in this course
CompTIA A+ certified professionals are proven problem solvers. They support today's core technologies from security to cloud to data management and more. CompTIA A+ is the industry standard for launching IT careers into today's digital world. It is the only industry recognized credential with performance-based items to prove pros can think on their feet to perform critical IT support tasks in the moment. It is trusted by employers around the world to identify the go-to person in end point management and technical support roles. CompTIA A+ is regularly re-invented by IT experts to ensure that it validates core skills and abilities demanded in the workplace.
The Official CompTIA® A+® Core 1 and Core 2 (Exams 220-1001 and 220-1002) course provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be a successful A+ technician. It will help you prepare to take the CompTIA A+ Core Series certification examinations (exam numbers 220-1001 and 220-1002), in order to become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional.
In this course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems.
Support operating systems.
• Install and configure PC system unit components and peripheral devices.
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot display and multimedia devices.
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot storage devices.
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot internal system components.
• Install, configure, and maintain operating systems.
• Maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows.
• Explain network infrastructure concepts.
• Configure and troubleshoot network connections.
• Manage users, workstations, and shared resources.
• Implement client virtualization and cloud computing.
• Implement physical security.
• Secure workstations and data.
• Troubleshoot workstation security issues.
• Support and troubleshoot laptops.
• Support and troubleshoot mobile devices.
• Install, configure, and troubleshoot print devices.
• Implement operational procedures.
• Supporting Operating Systems
• Installing and Configuring PC Components
• Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Display and Multimedia Devices
• Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Storage Devices
• Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Internal System Components
• Installing, Configuring, and Maintaining Operating Systems
• Maintaining and Troubleshooting Microsoft Windows
• Network Infrastructure Concepts
• Configuring and Troubleshooting Networks
• Managing Users, Workstations, and Shared Resources
• Implementing Client Virtualization and Cloud Computing
• Security Concepts
• Securing Workstations and Data
• Troubleshooting Workstation Security Issues
• Supporting and Troubleshooting Laptops
• Supporting and Troubleshooting Mobile Devices
• Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting Print Devices
• Implementing Operational Procedures
If you would like to know more about this course please contact us