CompTIA PenTest+ (Exam PT0-002)
USD 1,500 excl. VAT
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic IT skills comprising three to four years of hands-on experience working in a performing penetration test,
vulnerability assessments, and code analysis. CompTIA Network+ certification, Security+ certification, or the equivalent knowledge is strongly recommended.
What you’ll learn in this course
CompTIA is a not-for-profit trade association with the purpose of advancing the interests of IT professionals and IT channel organizations; its industry-leading IT certifications are an important part of that mission. CompTIA’s PenTest+ Certification is an intermediate-level certification designed for professionals with three to four years of hands-on experience working in a security consultant or penetration tester job role.
This exam will certify the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills required to plan and scope a penetration testing engagement, understand legal and compliance requirements, perform vulnerability scanning and penetration testing using appropriate tools and techniques, and then analyze the results and produce written reports containing proposed remediation techniques, effectively communicate results to the management team, and provide practical recommendations.
This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA PenTest+ (Exam PT0-002) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of server management. Today’s job market demands individuals have demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your penetration testing skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in a security consultant or penetration tester job role.
On course completion, you will be able to:
• Scope organizational/customer requirements.
• Define the rules of engagement.
• Footprint and gather intelligence.
• Evaluate human and physical vulnerabilities.
• Prepare the vulnerability scan.
• Scan logical vulnerabilities.
• Analyze scan results.
• Avoid detection and cover tracks.
• Exploit the LAN and cloud.
• Test wireless networks.
• Target mobile devices.
• Attack specialized systems.
• Perform web application-based attacks.
• Perform system hacking.
• Script and software development.
• Leverage the attack: pivot and penetrate.
• Communicate during the PenTesting process.
• Summarize report components.
• Recommend remediation.
• Perform post-report delivery activities.
• Scoping Organizational/Customer Requirements
• Defining the Rules of Engagement
• Footprinting and Gathering Intelligence
• Evaluating Human and Physical Vulnerabilities
• Preparing the Vulnerability Scan
• Scanning Logical Vulnerabilities
• Analyzing Scanning Results
• Avoiding Detection and Covering Tracks
• Exploiting the LAN and Cloud
• Testing Wireless Networks
• Targeting Mobile Devices
• Attacking Specialized Systems
• Web Application-Based Attacks
• Performing System Hacking
• Scripting and Software Development
• Leveraging the Attack: Pivot and Penetrate
• Communicating During the PenTesting Process
• Summarizing Report Components
• Recommending Remediation
• Performing Post-Report Delivery Activities
If you would like to know more about this course please contact us