USD 1,800.00 excl. VAT
Who Should Attend
IT and security professionals involved in the administration
and support of FortiEDR should attend this course.
In this two-day class, you will learn how to use FortiEDR to protect your endpoints
against advanced attacks with real-time orchestrated incident response functionality.
• Basic understanding of
• Explain the FortiEDR approach and how it works.
• Identify the communicating components and how they are configured.
• Schedule, organize, and tune a new deployment.
• Carry out basic troubleshooting steps, including: verifying that FortiEDR is installed and actively blocking malware, identifying whether FortiEDR has blocked a process or connection, finding logs, and contacting FortiEDR Support.
• Perform important administrative tasks, including: managing console users, updating collectors, deleting personal data for GDPR compliance, and viewing system events
• Complete basic tasks in of each area of the management console: the Dashboard, the Event Viewer, the Forensics tab, the Threat Hunting module, FortiEDR Communication Control, Security Policies, Playbooks, Inventory, and the Administration tab.
• Manage security events and their status.
• Block communication from applications that are risky or unwanted, but not inherently malicious.
• Define next-generation antivirus, its role in FortiEDR, and where it falls in the order of operations.
• Find and remove malicious executables from all the devices in your environment.
• Use RESTful API to manage your FortiEDR environment.
• Administer a multi-tenant environment l Recognize what Fortinet Cloud Service is and how it works.
• Troubleshoot collector upgrades and performance issues.
1. Overview and Technical Positioning
2. Installation and Architecture
4. Best Practices and Deployment
5. The User Interface in Depth Part 1
6. The User Interface in Depth Part 2
7. Events and Alerting
8. Help Desk Level 1 Triage
9. Communication Control
10. Next-Generation Antivirus
11. Threat Hunting
12. RESTful API
14. Fortinet Cloud Service
15. Advanced Troubleshooting
16. Endpoint Security 101
17. PowerShell and CScript
18. Alert Analysis 401