FL- Business >>
Communicating Across Your Organization
What you’ll learn in this course
Effective communication is how employees and management interact to reach organizational goals. Getting this right results in a happier, more engaged workforce who get more done. Unfortunately, there are often significant barriers – language, culture, distrust, distance – to effective communication.
The activities and discussions in this workshop will help you identify the essential elements of effective communications within your organization and develop communication strategies that harness both interpersonal and organizational awareness to build trust, strengthen collaboration, and increase productivity.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe common communication barriers
• Understand how to use effective interpersonal skills in their spoken and written communications
• Analyze the pillars of organizational awareness
Apply principles of effective facilitation
• Understand how to adapt their approach to different learning and communication styles
1- A History of Organizational Communication • A Historical Perspective • Classic vs. Human Relations Communications • Generational and Technological Change • Digital Communication
• Effectiveness of Communication Channels 2- The Effectiveness of Interpersonal Skills • Limitations of Self-Awareness • Transactional Analysis • Connecting with Powerful Communication • Active Listening • Non-Verbal Communication • Written Communication • The Power of Facilitation
3- The Pillars of Organizational Awareness
• Culture and Behavior • Creating Psychological Safety • Inclusion and Belonging • Sweaty-Palmed Conversations • Care and Challenge Each Other.
4- The Adaptation of Communication Strategies • Factors in Communication
• Communication Barriers • Adapting to Different Learning and Communication Styles
• Communication Strategies Across Time • Position and Posture
If you would like to know more about this course please contact us