Designing the FlexPod Solution
USD 1,617.00 excl. VAT
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
• This course is designed for channel partners, customer network engineers,
and administrators whose interest is focused around designing a scalable infrastructure with the FlexPod.
Designing the FlexPod Solution is a 2-day instructor-led course where you will learn to evaluate the FlexPod solution design process with regard to the contemporary data center challenges. The course provides a comprehensive understanding of the reconnaissance and analytics assess computing solution performance characteristics and requirements. In addition, this course will describe the hardware components of the FlexPod and the process for selecting proper hardware for a given set of requirements.
The Course Introduction provides learners with the course objectives and prerequisite learner skills and knowledge. The Course Introduction presents the course flow diagram and the icons that are used in the course illustrations and figures. This course component also describes the curriculum for this course, providing learners with the information that they need to make decisions regarding their specific learning path.
The following prerequisite skills and knowledge are recommended before attending this course:
• Knowledge of server system design and architecture
• Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
• Familiarity with SANs and NFS network-attached storage (NAS) technologies
• Familiarity with Fibre Channel Protocol
• Understanding of Cisco Enterprise Data Center Architecture
• Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (such as Microsoft, Red Hat, or VMware)
• Describe data center architecture and identify FlexPod architecture components
• Identify and configure FlexPod networking components
• Describe and configure FlexPod storage with clustered data ONTAP
• Identify and configure the Cisco UCS compute components of FlexPod
• Identify FlexPod management and troubleshooting tools
Module 1: FlexPod Data Center Solutions and Architecture
Module 2: FlexPod Hardware and Software Selection and Sizing Considerations
Module 3: FlexPod Designs Based on Platforms