Implementing and Administering the FlexPod Solution
USD 2,426.00 excl. VAT
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
• This course is designed for channel partners, customer network engineers,
and administrators whose interest is focused around implementing and administering FlexPod.
FlexPod Implementation and Administration is a 3-day instructor-led course where you will learn to set up, configure, and administer the FlexPod architecture. The course provides a comprehensive understanding of the configuration requirements for FlexPod at the network, storage, and compute layers of the architecture. FlexPod can be used to deploy and manage internal, external, and cloud architectures. Centralized administration is achieved by using management tools such as Cisco UCS Director, NetApp Virtual Storage Console, and vCenter.
These management tools are introduced and practical hands on labs are used to reinforce topics to learners.
This course provides learners with the course objectives and prerequisite learner skills and knowledge. The Course Introduction presents the course flow diagram and the icons that are used in the course illustrations and figures. This course component also describes the curriculum for this course, providing learners with the information that they need to make decisions regarding their specific learning path.
The following prerequisite skills and knowledge are recommended before attending this course:
• Knowledge of server system design and architecture
• Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
• Familiarity with SANs and NFS network-attached storage (NAS) technologies
• Familiarity with Fibre Channel Protocol
• Understanding of Cisco Enterprise Data Center Concepts including Unified LAN and SAN
• Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (such as Microsoft, Red Hat, or VMware)
Upon completing this course, you will be able to meet these objectives:
• Describe data center architecture and identify FlexPod architecture components
• Identify and configure FlexPod networking components
• Describe and configure FlexPod storage with clustered data ONTAP
• Identify and configure the Cisco UCS compute components of FlexPod
• Identify FlexPod management and troubleshooting tools
Module 1: FlexPod Overview
Module 2: FlexPod Networking Implementation
Module 3: FlexPod Storage Implementation
Module 4: Cisco UCS Implementation
Module 5: Virtualization and Application Solutions
Module 6: FlexPod Management Tools Implementation