Nutanix Data Services Administration
USD 2,200 excl. VAT
Who Should Attend
• Customers and systems operators that want to learn how to manage file, block, and object storage using Nutanix Files, Nutanix Volumes, and Nutanix Objects.
• IT administrators and business leaders who manage Nutanix clusters in the datacenter and want a detailed deep dive into Nutanix storage administration.
• Anyone pursuing Nutanix Certified Professional – Data Services (NCP-DS) certification.
This course teaches you the administrative skills needed to install, configure, manage, and upgrade three different Nutanix storage solution products:
• Nutanix Files - As part of this module, you will set up and manage Nutanix Files, a software-defined, scale-out file storage solution that provides a repository for unstructured data, such as home directories and departmental shares.
• Nutanix Volumes - You will learn how Nutanix Volumes provides file storage for your physical workloads, with the same simplicity as virtualized workloads, consolidating infrastructure into a single unified platform.
• Nutanix Objects - Nutanix Objects allows you to build a simple, secure, and scale-out stack. We show you how easy it is to spin up the Nutanix Objects service in a few simple steps.
• This course requires basic system administration knowledge acquired through training or hands-on experience.
• You should be familiar with Nutanix storage concepts, be able to create a VM through the Nutanix web console (Prism) and know how to run commands from the command line interface (CLI).
• If you do not have these skills, we recommend taking the Nutanix Hybrid Cloud Fundamentals (NHCF) class first.
Installing and Configuring Nutanix Files
• Introduction to Nutanix Files
• Architecting and Sizing Nutanix Files Environments
• Installing Nutanix Files
• The File Server Dashboard
• Configuring Nutanix Files
Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Files
• Managing Nutanix Files
• Using Files Analytics
• Monitoring Performance and Usage
• Upgrading Nutanix Files
Analyzing and Optimizing Nutanix Files
• Understanding the Nutanix Files High Availability Process
• Troubleshooting Nutanix Files Issues
Installing and Configuring Nutanix Volumes
• Understanding When to Use Nutanix Volumes
• Architecting and Sizing Nutanix Volumes Environments
• Deploying Nutanix Volumes
• Configuring Nutanix Volumes
Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Volumes
• Failover and Failback Processes
• Understanding Storage Management and Using the Storage Dashboard
• Modifying a Volume Group
Analyzing and Optimizing Nutanix Volumes
• Firewall Settings
• iSCSI Timeout Sessions
• Troubleshooting Capacity
Deploying and Configuring Nutanix Objects
• Introduction to Nutanix Objects
• Enabling Nutanix Objects
• Architecting and Sizing Nutanix Objects
• Deploying and Configuring Nutanix Objects
• Configuring Bucket Policies
Managing, Upgrading, and Monitoring Nutanix Objects
• Managing Directories and API Keys
• Managing the Object Store
• Managing a Bucket
• Upgrading Nutanix Objects Using LCM
• Monitoring Nutanix Objects
• Replication with Nutanix Objects
Analyzing and Troubleshooting Nutanix Objects
• Troubleshooting Issues with Cluster Deployment, Read/Write, Upgrades, Objects/MSP Cluster using CLI Commands
• Log Collection for Nutanix Objects.